flank·er·back (flăngʹkər-băk') n. Football
A halfback stationed just behind the line of scrimmage and slightly wide of the formation, used chiefly as a pass receiver.

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • flank|er — «FLANG kuhr», noun. 1. a person or thing that flanks. 2. = flankerback. (Cf. ↑flankerback) …   Useful english dictionary

  • History of American football positions — American Football position names are based on the role the player normally has in the offense, rather than necessarily his position at the start of the play. Tight ends, for instance, usually line up to the outside of one of the offensive tackles …   Wikipedia

  • Frank Kramer (artist) — Frank Kramer (1909 1993) was an American artist known chiefly for his illustrations for Jack Snow s two Oz books, The Magical Mimics in Oz and The Shaggy Man of Oz , founded on and continuing the famous Oz stories by L. Frank Baum. He also… …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.