/juy"rohs/, adj.
marked with wavy lines.
[1830-40; GYR- + -OSE1]

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Gyrose — Gy*rose (j[ i]*r[=o]s or j[imac] r[=o]s), a. [See {Gyre}.] (Bot.) Turned round like a crook, or bent to and fro. Loudon. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • gyrose — [jī′rōs΄] adj. [< GYRE + OSE2] Bot. marked with wavy lines or convolutions …   English World dictionary

  • gyrose — Marked by irregular curved lines like the surface of a cerebral hemisphere. [G. gyros, circle] * * * gy·rose jī .rōs adj marked with wavy lines: UNDULATE * * * gy·rose (jiґrōs) marked by curved lines or circles …   Medical dictionary

  • gyrose — adj. wavy, wiggly; bent, kinked …   English contemporary dictionary

  • gyrose — gy·rose …   English syllables

  • gyrose — /ˈdʒaɪroʊz/ (say juyrohz) adjective marked with wavy lines. {gyr(e) + ose1} …   Australian English dictionary

  • gyrose — ˈjīˌrōs adjective Etymology: gyre (II) + ose : marked with wavy lines : undulate, sinuate …   Useful english dictionary

  • gyrous — gy·rous (jiґrəs) gyrose …   Medical dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.