/dek"euhl ejd'/, adj.
having a deckle edge: deckle-edged paper for stationery.

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • deckle-edged — dec kle edged deckled dec kled, a. having a rough edge; having a deckle edge; used of handmade paper or paper resembling handmade; as, deckle edged paper; a deckle edged book. Syn: featheredged. [Webster 1913 Suppl. + WordNet 1.5] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • deckle-edged — adjective having a rough edge; used of handmade paper or paper resembling handmade • Syn: ↑deckled, ↑featheredged • Similar to: ↑bordered * * * /dek euhl ejd /, adj. having a deckle edge: deckle edged paper for stationery. [1885 90] * * * deckˈle …   Useful english dictionary

  • deckle-edged — adjective see deckle edge …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • deckle-edged — /ˈdɛkəl ɛdʒd/ (say dekuhl ejd) adjective having a deckle edge …   Australian English dictionary

  • deckle-edged — adjective rough edged like uncut paper …   Wiktionary

  • Deckle edged paper — Бумага ручного отлива …   Краткий толковый словарь по полиграфии

  • deckled deckle-edged featheredged — bordered or dered adj. having a border especially of a specified kind; sometimes used as a combining term; as, black bordered handkerchief. Antonym of {unbordered}. [Narrower terms: {boxed}; {deckled, deckle edged, featheredged}; {lined};… …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • deckle edge — n. 1. the rough, irregular edge of a sheet of paper after it leaves the deckle and before it is trimmed: such edges are often favored as decorative 2. an imitation of such an edge produced on trimmed paper, as by tearing deckle edged [dek′əl… …   English World dictionary

  • deckle — n. a device in a paper making machine for limiting the size of the sheet. Phrases and idioms: deckle edge the rough uncut edge formed by a deckle. Derivatives: deckle edged adj. Etymology: G Deckel dimin. of Decke cover …   Useful english dictionary

  • deckle edge — noun Date: circa 1874 the rough untrimmed edge of paper left by a deckle or produced artificially • deckle edged adjective …   New Collegiate Dictionary